Monday, March 21, 2011

.i can't spell isaiah.

I crawled into bed in an overwhelmed panic the other night.
I always seem to end up with the top of the
sheets at the bottom of my bed by the next day
and i have to correct the problem the next night.
My anxiety was at threat level midnight as I layed there.
I pulled the quilt up to my knees and grabbed my Bible.
And opened it.
This is what I read

“Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
   my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
   and he will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not shout or cry out,
   or raise his voice in the streets.
3 A bruised reed he will not break,
   and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
 4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
   In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”
                                                  -Isaiah 42 1-4

When I was younger I really used to believe those things.
I even had "he will not falter or be discouraged" underlined.
So I see that I can have faith.
I can trust God. I just have to do it again.
And now is that time..
It's 1:40 am and I leave tommorow and I have so much to do.
But I have peace. I'm not freaking out.
I work best under pressure.
And tonight is the same deal.

He delights in me.
It's a good night.