Monday, November 7, 2011

.in your alchemy.

A prayer through song
A truth sought and found.


i have an aversion twards the music in the american contemporary church.
the lack of words that convey the depth to which i long, feel, and am desperate for Him.
the lack of words in those songs that catch me where i am and say more perfectly
than i could- how I need and love this incredible God.
i own not a single "worship" cd- but when i want to worship in my car i listen to josh garrels, mumford, manchester, jon foreman, rk, or dcb on the rare ocaision.
it is a beautiful and difficult thing for me to find the perfect song that relays the passion i have for Him at weight that my words need to have.

saturday morning my friend fab wanted dougnuts- so we got in her cougar and drove to marsh down the street- and she turned on the worship cd her boyfriend had made her. as soon as she prefaced it- my opinion was made up... "worship" cd... how "sweet". but it was more. this song came on.
this song was number one.

and it stole me away.

this song is exactly the worship i have right now.
just a prayer. the only prayer in me. from me. as of late.

and so i've found one.
another rare and perfect song for my heart to sing to my Lord.
another song that reaches deep  to deep.