Monday, February 28, 2011

.my second favorite part of you.


one miss katie blodgett.
she left yesturday.
she left to live in germany for 5 months.
if i had to describe her-
i'd say she's like drinking a glass of orange juice.
she's my citrus best friend.

i called her from her garage.
handed her a parcel.
hugged her.
we exchanged i love you's.
i'm the worst at goodbyes.
and so she's gone.


and when I think about it- I think one of two ways:
  1. i day dream about what she's seeing and what she's doing and the brightness of it all. 
  2. i think about how much I'm gonna miss her and wish she was around in the next 5 months.

I like the first one better.

I like thinking about her voice standing out in a sea of foreign ones.
I like to think about her riding on the tube, wearing coral, listening to her ipod, and staring out the window.
I like to think about her laugh-
her laugh bringing warmth to strangers that will melt them into friends.
I like to think about her wearing her toms on a rainy day and regretting it.
I like to think that this time for her and God
is an adventure of unfathomable proportions.

I miss her.

I'm glad.