Sunday, March 25, 2012

you could have your pick of pretty things

"this one's bout a dream i had last night"

listening to switchfoot's faust, midas, and myself.
i find myself coming back to this song time and time again in my life.
i think it's when i come to places of mystery and confusion.
here i am.

"you've one life. you've one life. you've one life left to lead"

sometimes, often i get so hung up on small things.
on things that are noteworthy but not the point.
i feel like I care more about the details than the actual point.
screw the details.

"you've one life. you've one life. you've one life left to lead"

i wish my friends could know my heart.
i wish i could give them adequate words that display my affection and deep pain for them.
i wish i could hold Jesus' hand today.
i'm not afraid.
i'm afraid.
i'm so sad.
im so thankful.

"a heart of gold can't really beat at all"

i don't understand why everything has to be so complicated.
i don't understand why sometimes love just isn't enough.
i don't understand why isolation comes so easily
and sharing is the hardest thing to do lately.
i don't understand why people can't see.
i don't understand why i am so mean.

i look forward to the days when i'm free from this world and this body.
until then i will promise to try to try.

i look forward to the days of summer.
the days of my youth.
this is my youth?
there's so much pain.
i've heard promise of joy.
i wait with baited breath holding onto that hope as loosely or tightly as the moment calls for.

"WHAT DIRECTION?
WHAT DIRECTION?
WHAT DIRECTION?
life begins at the intersection."